[Dixielandjazz] Swingin' Beethoven?

David Richoux tubaman@batnet.com
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 09:27:56 -0800

Hi all,

a listener called me during my show to ask if I knew the Beethoven
composition that had a particularly distinctive "swing" rhythm or
syncopation to it. He said he had heard it a few years ago on another
station but did not catch the name.

I forgot to ask him if this was a piano solo, concerto, or full
orchestral piece but my knowledge of Beethoven is somewhat limited - I
hope at least one of you DJML folks might know what he was on about.  I
seem to recall that this topic was on the list a few years ago but I
did not find anything when I searched my old folders.

Any Ideas?

TIA

Dave Richoux The Jazz Parade KFJC.org