[Dixielandjazz] Drummers

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 25 00:18:20 PST 2003

Hi all,

To those who think drums are less important to a band than, say, any of the
front line instruments or the bass may I issue this challenge:

Go get the CD of the sound track from the movie musical of **Chicago**.
Listen to the entire thing and then come back and tell me that drums are not
as important as the bass (or any other instrument you care to name)!

Those of you who already know better than to make such a senseless claim are
off the hook. You don't need the challenge. But go get the CD anyway!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Ratamaque! Flam! Paradiddle!" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com

ps - recently saw two different and funny bumper stickers:

"Carpe Diem! Or not"

"I be a PhD. Ebonically speaking."

-bg