[Dixielandjazz] Bands in the 1950's

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 25 00:26:39 PST 2003

Regarding bands that started in the 50s . . .

I'd like to say that "The Boondockers" (see http://www.theboondockers.com )
actually started in 1959. Actually at the time the Boondockers consisted of
a folk song duo with me (guitar plus 5 string banjo) and Frank Owen
(gutbucket). We developed into a quartet (piano, bass, banjo and washboard)
in the 60s and then in the late 60s and early 70's spread out more into OKOM
and added other instruments along the way. Today we're a pretty solid 7
piece OKOM group but with direct ties to our primitive origins.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com/listinfo/dixielandjazz