[Dixielandjazz] Is Gunter quiet?

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 23 00:23:34 PST 2003

Hi all,

George Thurmond writ:

>Gunter has been rather quiet lately, and so I thought I'd check and see if
>he is all right.  He took the bait and as we can see all is well with him.
>You have to admire a guy that springs to the defense of the washboard, and
>with his fingers it's a great OKOM instrument.

Oh yes . . . I'm fine - busy but fine. At the moment the gracious and
charming Beverly and I are moving from our present digs to a new place
(well, new to us anyway) - and my days are kept busy packing junk into boxes
in preparation for the actual event.

Moving is bad news and good news. The bad news is that it is a pain in the
rear and the good news is that one has an opportunity to get rid of years of
accumulated unneeded and unwanted junk. We've made several trips to the
goodwill thrift stores and to the local dump. We've also unloaded stuff on
the grandkids.

I appreciate your kind words on my washboarding and can only say that with
role models such as Stephen Joseph (r.i.p.) Bob Raggio and Ralf Reynolds
it's hard to go too far astray.

Also remember that Lu Watters and Turk Murphy were also washboard players. I
think they also played trumpet and trombone respectively.

As the "Million Man Washboard Band" motto proclaims: Washboards Uber Alles!

Warmest regards,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com