[Dixielandjazz] overblow

tito martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Sun Feb 23 00:08:19 PST 2003

Charlie Hooks stated rightfully:
<<<And since I have managed without his approval for seventy four years,
I'll have a shot at another seventy four.>>>

Dear Charlie Hooks, I was so happy to get your approval,
as in these former messages you sent me long time ago:

<<<Tito, you are a fresh breeze of common sense blowing through this
list. Thanks, Charlie>>>

<<<Tito Martino, mi amigo:    Gracias, amigo.  I will save your letter
and re-read it when the sad times, the bad times, come.  I will think of
you and say to myself: "Recuerdo!"  Remember that someone heard you. I
will not forget you. Charlie>>>

<<<Pretty sure you are correct; at least, that's how I've always thought
of it. Charlie>>>

Charlie, please, don't change your mind about me, I have bad moments but
I have also good ones, and for these I need your approval for the next
seventy four years...   :-)

Charlie Hull also disagreed with me on this one and said:
<<<people are more often amused than offended by someone's phoneticly
learned vocalizations.  It's all in fun for entertainment.  Too many
people are harboring anger and just looking for something to be offended
by so they can vent their anger.>>>

 Know what, I agree with you.  I overblowed a little on this one.  I was
a little too much concerned because Bechet is the composer and HE is my
idol. Anyway I grant you, I am NOT politically correct and my spoken
English is ridiculous.  :-)

Tito Martino
clarinet, s.sax, a.sax,
Tito Martino Jazz Band