[Dixielandjazz] RE: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 2, Issue 24

tito martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Mon Feb 10 23:25:08 PST 2003

Bill "I wonder how I can mute the washboard?" Gunter=20

Dear Bill;=20

I=92m sad to realize you never remember calling me when in distress.
Insularity?!  Never mind. I gave you a hint a couple of years ago , that
is, gluing the thimbles to the fingertips of a leather gloves, in order
never to lose them; and I sent you a couple of caxixis in order to keep
you ahead of your times in the art of playing washboard.

Now I'm fond of give you a simple hint as to achieve a remarkable muting
for your outstanding washboard-playing.

Just try to use different types of cheap PLASTIC thimbles adjusted to
your fingertips, according to the particular tune to be muted.
Of course, most will break, but after all, they are cheap, aren't they?
And you once again will be duly praised.

Respectfully submitted, from your unknown admirer,

Tito "I don't Play Damn Washboards" Martino
Sao Paulo  Brazil
=20

---