[Dixielandjazz] Re: plungers

JimDBB at aol.com JimDBB at aol.com
Mon Feb 10 23:34:55 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/10/03 4:22:48 PM Central Standard Time,
bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au writes:

> Dear Bill,
> Regarding: >I think Wingy Manone was a master at the art form.<
> But do not overlook one of the best plunger men of them all.
> Cornetist, Muggsy Spanier.
> Kind regards,
> Bill.

  I Never heard of Wingy Manone using a plunger.  It would have been
difficult for him as he had an artificial arm.

  Muggsy Spanier, yes, was a master with the plunger.  Muggsy could get a
deep blues flavor with a minimum of notes and his mastery with he plunger.

 JIm Beebe