[Dixielandjazz] Cliff "Kid" Bastien

Grahame Parker parkerjaz at msn.com
Mon Feb 10 08:32:10 PST 2003

I was remarkably saddened to hear of Cliff's passing. I've been away from
Toronto for about 12 years but one the things I miss most has always been
Cliff's band at Grossman's on Saturday afternoon. What times were had with
the early Excelsior players, Elder, Chapman and lots of people who , you are
right, learned banjo or bass or anything else from Cliff. Someone sent me
the 25th anniversary cd they did a few years ago. It was a treat. Cliff was
always nice to me when I started playing. I especially recall playing some
parade gigs with his Peerless band. I'll think of him often.
Grahame Parker
Peoria Arizona