[Dixielandjazz] Melody v. Chords plus Words >> To What Are You Referring?

BudTuba at aol.com BudTuba at aol.com
Mon Feb 10 10:15:08 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/20/03 5:49:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Charlie at easysounds.com writes:

> We've all heard it played dozens of times, from slow (which fits the lyric
> story) to breakneck (don't you hate showoffs!).  My all-time favorite is
> Turk Murphy's version.  When we're playing concerts or clubs with no
> dancing, we do it as a samba for a couple of choruses, then into four for
> the solos, then back to samba for the outchorus.  When I sing it, including
> the verse, it's medium slow two-beat.

This response is totally baffling.  There is no reference whatever to the
name of the tune being referred to.  When you respond to an email thread,
make sure that the reference is clear.  It is possible to change the subject
line to include the thread's drift. (See my SUBJECT example to this email.)

Bud Taylor
Smugtown Stompers
Rochester, NY
Traditional Jazz since 1958