[Dixielandjazz] Vocalists......Carol Leigh

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 10 08:23:31 PST 2003

on 2/9/03 9:14 PM, SailOhr at aol.com at SailOhr at aol.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Russ Whitman plays with the Galvanized Jazz Band every Sunday in Branford, CT.
> Carol sometimes is a guest. It's a wonderful night when we get to see both.
>
> Ed and Sharon

The last time I saw wither of those two was a thee Big Horn in Munndelein,
IL about 1975 when I played an all-reed set in line-up with Bob Wilbur, Ken
ny Davern, Jerry Fuller, me, and Russ.  Tommy Saunders remarked, "Christ,
they got enough reeds up there to shingle a barn!"

They had enough to get my attention, I'm telling you.  All those guys are
monsters!