[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Cubs band article

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 6 10:17:10 PST 2003

on 2/6/03 12:58 AM, JazzMnJoe at aol.com at JazzMnJoe at aol.com wrote:

> I hope your happy, for I am not........I suggest that you put on that dunce
> cap and sit in the corner for awhile .......When you decide to be
> polite....I'll look forward to your apology directed to ms curatola........
>
> Thank you....Sir.........
>
> Jazzman Joe

    Well, Jazzman Joe: I'm shrunken and sad that you are not happy, since
your happiness has long been one of my most cherished goals.  I've already
(and, if you can read, perhaps you've already seen) sent my apologia to the
lady.

    "Apologia," dear Jazzman, does not mean "apology."  It means
"explanation," as in Cardinal Newman's book, "Apologia Pro Vita Sua."  And
please: spare me the comments on Latin quotations.  Your ignorance is no
fault of mine.

cordially,
Charlie