[Dixielandjazz] "If ever I cease to love"

D and R Hardie darnhard at ozemail.com.au
Thu Dec 25 12:57:25 PST 2003

Dear List,
According to an article in the Second Line (Journal of the New Orleans
Jazz Club) the song played today  is an adaptation of one  written by
George Leybourne an English music hall comedian, otherwise known as
Champagne Charlie - a good example of the influence of outside sources
on the development of music in New Orleans - it was not all Creole
music. Apparently the Duke Alexis  wood Miss Thompson without success.
regards
Dan Hardie
Check out the website:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/EarlyJazzHistory.html