[Dixielandjazz] "If ever I cease to love"

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Wed Dec 24 18:46:56 PST 2003

There is a 1871 version of the song credited to a "L. Hovey" (as sung
by Gus Williams)

<http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=mussm&fileName=sm/sm1871/
05900/05946/mussm05946.db&recNum=0&itemLink=D?mussm:2:./temp/
~ammem_qXkf::&linkText=0>

(cut and paste if needed to get the URL)

BTW, this is a great reference site for all sorts of old music - you
can view (and download) all the Public Domain items!

Dave Richoux