[Dixielandjazz] Something for Annie

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Tue Dec 23 16:06:15 PST 2003

According to the California Historical Society "Annie Street" was named
for a boat, the "Annie" but I can't get much more than that out of the
web site without becoming a member.

According to E Clampus Vitas (the Historical California Drinking
Society) verbal history, Annie was NOT a hooker, but a very nice girl,
probably a "very good friend" of the mayor at that time. Not much more
information was ever made public.

You choose which ever history you want...

Dave Richoux