[Dixielandjazz] Creole Jazz Band and Kid Ory

Thompson rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net
Sat Dec 20 08:12:48 PST 2003

John, I wish we could be there tonight to enjoy this program you have put
together.  Sounds like it will be a great experience.

Thanks for mentioning Kid Ory.  He certainly was an outstanding player and
an important figure in jazz history.  Seems we tend to overlook his
accomplishments and talk only of King Oliver and Louis.  We got to meet
Babette (his daughter) in New Orleans.  She is working to have more
recognition for him and his music.  However, seems in the City of New
Orleans, it is an uphill battle. I guess in this time of tight money, there
is just so much to do in the way of preservation, recognition, etc., that
needs to be done, and too little money.

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, Texas