[Dixielandjazz] RE: PLAY WHERE THE KIDS ARE

Alberto Martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Sat Dec 20 05:25:07 PST 2003

 Wise Tom Wiggins keep insisting and active Steve Barbone stressed: PLAY
WHERE THE KIDS ARE
I endorse wholeheartedly that: actually I will be doing just that
next January, playing at a fashionable beach resort near Rio de Janeiro,
Rio das Ostras (Oyster's River)  Jazz & Blues Festival, where we (Tito
Martino Jazz Band) are the one and only OKOM Band.  Side  by side with
local big names NOT OKOM.

See the site: http://www.riodasostrasjazzeblues.com/

We'll close the Festival at Blue Beach (see the beach's pic!)
You don't need to understand Portuguese to see the importance of the
event and guess the type of public in attendance. I am convinced this is
the ONLY way to keep OKOM alive (and well).

Tito Martino
Sao Paulo   Brazil