[Dixielandjazz] More on San Diego Mardi Gras

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 18 15:57:31 PST 2003

Harold Smith mentioned the "Disco Pimps" were playing at San Diego Mardi
Gras. What next?

Then I got to talking off line to Bob Finch of Chicago Six. (We first
met 10 or so years ago at the Great Falls, Montana Festival and then
again later in Oregon) .He lives in a small town near San Diego. He
asked me. "Did you notice the singer "Candy Kane" is also going to be
there?" What? Is that the same "Candy Kane", perhaps now a little
heavier, that was a notorious Porn Star 20 years ago?

Could be. What next indeed. Wish I was going to be there, I'd like to
hear and SEE her act. Wonder if she throws beads.

Also noted the caveat that you must be 21 or over to attend. Whoa,
sounds like a humdinger of a party. Does anyone know how many people
attended this event last year. It takes place in an 8 block long area, 2
blocks wide.

One thing I do know, if BSJB was from San Diego, we'd be in our element
there that night.

If you missed looking at the URL last time, here it is again.

http://www.gaslamp.org/mardigras.php

I'd go even if only to clean up the manure after the Budweiser
Clydesdale's parade. Remember that punch line from the joke about the
guy who had been cleaning up after the Circus Elephant's parade for 20
years and hated the job? His buddy asked him why he didn't quit:

"What? And leave show business?"

Cheers,
Steve Barbone