[Dixielandjazz] Re: Declining Audiences for OKOM

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 10:49:43 PST 2003

Here's a thought: at our 14th annual Whitley Bay festival in July, we are
offering free admission all weekend to anyone aged 16 and under, plus free
admission on Sunday afternnon to older students in fulltime education. We
are publicising these offers in local schools and colleges as well as via
the local press. Hope this will pull some younger folks in, and we will
report back on our success (or lack of it). Meantime, maybe othr OKOM
festivals might like to try the same thing (maybe they have already? If so,
did it work?).

Mike D.