[Dixielandjazz] Re: Declining Audiences for OKOM

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 15 13:01:21 PST 2003

Great idea Mike. Don't forget to book at least one jazz group that will help
attract the kids. If there is someone they know there, you will be even more
successful.

The "Modern Jazz " festivals at which we play (along with some of the
Internationally famous Jazz players) are always sure to book at least one
"smooth" jazz group, or one "funk" jazz group that appeals to the young right
off the bat. It might offend those who feel it dilutes Dixieland, but then, it
is better than no festival at all.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone