[Dixielandjazz] Hard to understand post

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 05:42:59 PST 2003

Here's a twelve bar blues (key of F) for y'all:

Well I woke up this morning . . . turned on my old TV
Yes, I woke up this morning . . . and done turned on my old TV
And there was old Saddam just as ugly as can be.

It's done been a long long time that we've been on his tail
Whoa, it's been a long lon time that we've been on his tail
And now we done hauled his sorry ass off to jail!

(High fives all around and drinks on the house!)

The above was posted because I don't want nobody complaining that this post
is not jazz oriented!

So . . . Roger -

You wrote (regarding the capture of the Iraqi honcho):

>Wow, we needed this information.  The idiots on this list oftentimes amaze
>me.

Now I gotta admit, Roger, that I don't have a clue as to who (whom?) you
mean by "The idiots."

If the sentence "Wow, we needed this information" is to be accepted at face
value then the "idiots" would obviously be those who are opposed to posts on
the DJML regarding the capture of the Tyrant of Tikrit.

On the other hand, if the sentence  "Wow, we needed this information" is
postulated as an ironic observation meaning exactly the opposite (ie. We
DON'T NEED THIS INFORMATION) the the idiots would be those who initially
posted the information that Bastard of Baghdad was in custody.

If I had actually been able to hear you utter this statement ("Wow, we
needed this information") I could perhaps have understood it clearly from
your vocal inflections. But in plain old print it's kind of hard to
distinguish.

Finally, the exhuberant exclaimation that the Baathist Beast had been taken
into custody could probably be excused and ignored by anyone upset by it due
to the general excitement of the moment.

By the way, in case you missed it. Saddam Hussein has been captured!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "That's pretty hot jazz!" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com

PS - for those who think that this business has nothing to do with OKOM you
might check out the website of the Terrif-Vic Jazz Party in Victoria, B.C.
It basically says that they have been forced to cancel the annual April
Party in Victoria because of the lack of attendance primarily attributed to
Americans not traveling abroad after 9-11.  This terrorism business IS
having an effect on something near and dear to all our hearts!!

BG