[Dixielandjazz] Hard to understand post

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Dec 15 02:53:08 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/14/03 9:43:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jazzboard at hotmail.com writes:

> PS - for those who think that this business has nothing to do with OKOM you
> might check out the website of the Terrif-Vic Jazz Party in Victoria, B.C.
> It basically says that they have been forced to cancel the annual April
> Party in Victoria because of the lack of attendance primarily attributed to
> Americans not traveling abroad after 9-11.  This terrorism business IS
> having an effect on something near and dear to all our hearts!!
>
> BG

Hi Bill:

As one who travels Internationally a lot, I don't buy that excuse, except for
a few months right after the tragedy of 9/11 air travel by Americans abroad
has not been curtailed all that much.  Anyone who does not believe it just try
booking flights to Europe during June July and August.

Never underestimate the power of the propaganda and media to distort facts,
last tour I tried desperately to book ten seats on any United Airline Flight to
anywhere in Europe and until three days before departure I could not get ten
seats on any United Flight.  Or any other airline for that matter.  Suddenly
three days before we needed to leave I got all ten seats on United, but had to
go to London and then to Madrid to get to Bilbao Spain.

I tried to get Air travel passes in Europe to go from country to country to
play the festivals but the flights were constantly sold out, as were most of
the Train seats, so I had to rent two mini buses and drive from Spain to France,
Belgium Holland, back to Spain and then over to Italy and up and down both
sides of Italy.

Ya just can't believe everything you hear on the radio and or see on TV it is
mostly market driven hype to inflate the prices, and everyone is jumping on
the 9/11 bandwagon to place the blame and or justify the increases, for
everything from Security which is really not any better than before, just costs more
and has another layer of beauracracy on top of it.

Heck since 9/ll it is more dangerous to travel on a Cruise Ship and get sick
than to fly, and now even the cruise industry is jumping on the 9/ll scare
tactics, they are now considered Soft Targets, along with shopping Malls.  When
was the last time you heard of a Cruise Ship being blown up or a shopping Mall?
 Much less an OKOM Festival, Hell terrorist don't even know what OKOM is and
more than likely can't even Spell it. :)
Cheers,

Tom Wiggins