[Dixielandjazz] First Night Celebrations

Dave Gravatt dave at creolejazz.com
Thu Dec 11 18:16:23 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Duncan" <tduncan at bellatlantic.net>
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] First Night Celebrations

> Dr. Dubious and the Agnostics will perform for the sixth time at First
Night
> Teaneck on New Years Eve in Teaneck, NJ. First Night was started in Boston
> in 1976 and over 200 cities around the world now hold these celebrations
> featuring all types of entertainment.Are there any other OKOM bands
> performing at other First Nights?

Tom -- Springfield, Missouri does, indeed, have a "First Night" New Year's
Eve celebration every year. They ask that their performers and groups play
from 8-Midnight and offer $250...per group. Nope. I don't think so. Amazing,
huh? I'm glad it's working out for you, though. It has the potential to be a
pretty neat deal. Keep at it and good luck.

Dave
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band
"It's a treat to beat your feet"
417-581-5626