[Dixielandjazz] First Night Celebrations

Tom Duncan tduncan at bellatlantic.net
Thu Dec 11 19:00:11 PST 2003

Dr. Dubious and the Agnostics will perform for the sixth time at First Night
Teaneck on New Years Eve in Teaneck, NJ. First Night was started in Boston
in 1976 and over 200 cities around the world now hold these celebrations
featuring all types of entertainment.Are there any other OKOM bands
performing at other First Nights?

We play for a parade which kicks off the evening at 4:30 PM and have sets at
6:30 PM and 7:30 PM, leaving plenty of time to catch other performers and to
repair to my house for our long time traditional jam session, champagne,
haggis and single malt. If you can't make the Teaneck event, look around
your area for First Night presentations. By the way, these have been great
introductions to a general audience. We usually get several hundred at each
set and have booked numerous gigs from this exposure.

Here is a link to the international First Night website which has a listing
of all localities participating: http://www.firstnightintl.org/welcome.php
<http://www.firstnightintl.org/welcome.php>

Happy Holidays

Tom Duncan