[Dixielandjazz] My favorite blues lyric

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Fri Dec 5 22:10:00 PST 2003

On Friday, Dec 5, 2003, at 17:55 US/Pacific, Bill Gunter wrote:

> Here's a blues lyric I heard once from an upwardly mobile young
> business professional:
>
> Well I woke up this morning and saw that both cars were gone.
> Yes, I woke up this morning and saw that both cars were gone.
> I felt so frustrated  I threw my martini across the lawn!
>
> Is that heavy or what!

Actually, I think the credit on that one has to go to Martin Mull (And
His Fabulous Furniture) - those lyrics (slightly different last line
but the same joke) were part of the "Ukelele Blues" that he recorded in
1973.

Not only an writer, comedian, actor and musician - he also paints some
very interesting  oil paintings! I met him at a book signing a long
time ago and asked which of his talents was most important to him, as I
recall he said the painting was most satisfying...

more stuff at http://www.members.aol.com/MartyFan23/Marty.html

Dave Richoux