[Dixielandjazz] My favorite blues lyric

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 6 01:55:35 PST 2003

Mike Durham sends:

>So, archetypal blue(s)grass lyric:
>
>Oh Lord Jesus, my mama died today.
>Oh sweet Lord Jesus, my mama died today
>And now my baby's gone and left me, says she never loved me anyway.
>
>I feel so lonesome, now my baby's gone
>Yes, feel so lonesome now my baby's gone,
>Seem the good Lord done forsake me,and I'm a long ways from my home.

Here's a blues lyric I heard once from an upwardly mobile young business
professional:

Well I woke up this morning and saw that both cars were gone.
Yes, I woke up this morning and saw that both cars were gone.
I felt so frustrated  I threw my martini across the lawn!

Is that heavy or what!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Yuppie" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com