[Dixielandjazz] Lyrics

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 6 01:03:38 PST 2003

So, archetypal blue(s)grass lyric:

Oh Lord Jesus, my mama died today.
Oh sweet Lord Jesus, my mama died today
And now my baby's gone and left me, says she never loved me anyway.

I feel so lonesome, now my baby's gone
Yes, feel so lonesome now my baby's gone,
Seem the good Lord done forsake me,and I'm a long ways from my home.

Doe the blues-singer's tombstone really read: "Didn't wake up this mornin'"?

Mike D.