[Dixielandjazz] Re: Celebrity Thread - Greenspan/Herman

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Dec 3 19:35:53 PST 2003

Dear Ken,
Thank you for the comment re Greenspan and Woody Herman.
This came up some years ago (not sure if it was DJML or not) and I recall
finding a reference to Greenspan doing a short tour with Woody in about
1946.
I am almost certain that I also found his name in an early discography of
Herman about that time (1946) for a record date (or broadcast?) in KC or
somewhere out that way.
I was certain enough about this to have bet on it, but my researches last
week did not turn any of this up, so I thought I must be losing it, or
dreaming.
Kind regards,
Bill.