[Dixielandjazz] Gin Bottle Seven

Jerry Gordon jerrygordon at juno.com
Tue Dec 2 00:10:57 PST 2003

I've got an LP called "Gin Bottle Jazz" (Riverside RLP12-231) by Carl
Halen's Gin Bottle Seven (Carl, tpt & corn; George Stell, tbn; Martin
Kollstedt, clar; Fed Gary, pno; Jan Carroll, bnj; Johnnie Pollock, tub;
Tom Hyer; drums), recorded in 1954. Songs are Four or Five Times,
Aggravatin' Mama, Shake That Thing, Nagasaki, Angry, Apex Blues,
Eccentric Rag, Wolverine Blues, Pallet on the Floor, Dallas Blues, Oh
Baby, Milneberg Joys. According to the label, cuts 1-4 and 7-10 were
previously released on a 10" LP on the Empirical label.

Did I beat Haesler?!?!

Jerry Gordon, Troy, NY - Web master for
http://www.timesunion.com/communities/jazz