[Dixielandjazz] Busking >> Old Time Busking

Snogpitch snogpitch at prodigy.net
Mon Aug 25 22:11:19 PDT 2003

MTV, that's Music Television, used to air a series of programs called
Unplugged which was exactly that.  Rock artists playing their music
without electrification.  At least as much that could be done given the
medium recording it.

The only one that stuck out in my mind, and did become very popular was
Layla, as performed by Eric Clapton.  I enjoyed the song before I had a
chance to even realize what was being sung.  It brought that song to a
whole new light, for me.  I actually prefer the newer version to the
old, even tho by most rockers the old one is a classic!

Snogpitch

http://pages.prodigy.net/snogpitch
snogpitch at prodigy.net
ICQ 4989342

Many of them play entire concerts "Unplugged"  which is acoustic, and
still
sell out major arenas.

Got to change that radio dial once in a while folks to keep up with
what's
happening in the world of music.  Trust me there has been a lot of good
music
written and recorded after 1935, try it you might find something you
like
besides Dixieland.

There are many kinds of OKOM.

Cheers