[Dixielandjazz] Busking >> Old Time Busking

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Aug 25 13:39:31 PDT 2003

In a message dated 8/25/03 9:20:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time, BudTuba at aol.com
writes:

> In a message dated 7/29/03 11:23:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> jazzboard at hotmail.com writes:
>
> >-- it would be virtually impossible for a rock group
> >to play accoustically. But a dixieland band sure as hell could!

Not at all folks:

Some of you have not been listening to Rock Bands for a long time I see.

Many of them play entire concerts "Unplugged"  which is acoustic, and still
sell out major arenas.

Got to change that radio dial once in a while folks to keep up with what's
happening in the world of music.  Trust me there has been a lot of good music
written and recorded after 1935, try it you might find something you like
besides Dixieland.

There are many kinds of OKOM.

Cheers

Tom Wiggins
Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band

We can play you all the Acoustic Rock you probably would not listen to.
Ya just have to be musically creative folks, relax and try playing something
different and adapt it to your own sound.  Experiment you might surprise
yourself and your audience and even like what you hear.