[Dixielandjazz] Liability Insurance in US

Charlie Hull charlie at easysounds.com
Thu Aug 14 09:27:50 PDT 2003

I went without business liability insurance for years, but finally found an
advantage to getting older.  As an AARP (American Assn. of Retired Persons)
member I qualified for auto and homeowners insurance with The Hartford
insurance company.  For a supplemental fee, their homeowners policy can
provide coverage for a home-based business.  For less than three hundred
dollars a year I have $300,000 public liability coverage, and my music gear
is protected -- up to $15,000 on-premise coverage and $5,000 away from
premises.

The only requirement for AARP membership is being 55 years old, and payment
of an annual membership fee.