[Dixielandjazz] Public Liability Insurance in OZ

jazzfact jazzfact at ozemail.com.au
Thu Aug 14 14:48:16 PDT 2003

Hi All Australian DJMListees,

The "Duck For Cover" entertainers association begins a new 12 month =
cycle at
the end of August. If you wish to join and I recommend you do, here is =
the
website. I have checked with many insurance companies and report DFC
premiums are half what is on offer commercially..  We now find many =
venues
and festivals are requiring insurance details before they can or will  =
hire
the band. Protect yourselves!
Here is and example of what can happen=20
I was doing a jazz club gig a few years ago and inadvertently hit a =
ceiling
fan with the sousaphone, the horn (Besson) won the battle and broke a =
blade
from the fan. The lady who the fan blade struck was very lucky not to be
hurt. I was even luckier not to have my arse sued off.=20

The web address is =20
http://www.duckforcover.com.au/
=20

regards,