[Dixielandjazz] Re:Silver Dollar Jazz Band

Burt Wilson futurecon at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 7 11:40:41 PDT 2003

Dear Sacramento area fans--

The Silver Dollar Jazz Band will NOT be playing in August as the
Sloughhouse Inn has cancelled all bands for that month. Two weeks ago found
us 70-something guys playing outdoors (covered) in 105-degree heat and we
about all bought it. I had to drive home with a wet towel over my head
after loading all the amp equipment into the car! Anyway, it's also State
Fair month and vacation time and my understanding is that this is the
reason other bands are out of work in August, too.

Meanwhile, we will occupy a main stage featured spot in the October meeting
of the Sacramento Trad Jazz Society and we will see you all there.

By the way, I was at the taping of Gene Berthelson's Cats 'n Jammers jazz
band last Sunday and I can tell you that's going to be one fine CD. Watch
for it.

Onward and upward!

Burt Wilson