[Dixielandjazz] This is a public service announcement.

Bobolink7736 at aol.com Bobolink7736 at aol.com
Wed Aug 6 01:46:26 PDT 2003

Charlie Hooks,
      Don't ever again think about leaving the DJML.  Why would you ever have
such a thought in the first place?   If the pro's don't stay in communication
with one another
and with the wannabes, there will come a time when there are no more pro's
and quite possibly no more music.  Right now, I'm listening to Franz singing
"Minnie
the Moocher" with your buddy Jim Beebe  et al.  I fixing to go to bed now,
and I'll listen to you and Beebe on Bourbon Street Parade before I head out to
do whatever I have to do before I get to sit down and listen and play along
with you old guys, and
read your stories on the DJML--the oral tradition is critical you know?  So
please hang in here Charlie and help keep alive this wonderful music and
tradition.

best wishes, and, thanks, Charlie, for all your posts to the DJML,
boblynn
bobolink7736 at aol.com