[Dixielandjazz] King Oliver

Jazzjerry at aol.com Jazzjerry at aol.com
Wed Apr 30 02:42:38 PDT 2003

In a message dated 30/4/03 3:43:18 AM, Bobolink7736 at aol.com writes:

<< I for one have never heard the Creole Jazz Band.  >>

The importance of this band in the history of our music is such that I think
Sheik, Glen and the others assumed that eveyone had heard of the band. The
few recordings the band made in 1923 rank up there with the Armstong Hot
Fives and Sevens or Morton's Red Hot Peppers in importance and in fact I
would go as far as to say that if there had been no King Oliver Creole Jazz
Band then there would have been no Hot Fives and Sevens! And very definately
there would have been no Lu Watters revival!

Marvellous music which should be in everyones collections in some format or
other.

Cheers,

Jerry,
Norwich,