[Dixielandjazz] encore soft ware

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Mon Apr 21 11:36:41 PDT 2003

Bob;

I'm in the same boat regarding Encore. The old versions will not work with
Windows XP. There is no workaround. The only thing which can be done is to
purchase an upgrade to version 4.5.3 from www.gvox.com . The cost is $129.

The problem lies with a feature of the older versions of Windows which are
not compatible with XP. In my research of the problem, I discovered that
there was a computer game with the same problem. There was a workaround for
users of the game but it didn't work with Encore.

Emails to Gvox tech support were to no avail. The response was "buy the
upgrade".

The fact that the only difference between the older versions of Encore and
the "new" XP version is a minor change was made to make it work is not worth
$129. I'm willing to pay a nominal fee for the minor coding to upgrade
Encore for XP but this is excessive.

Stan
Stan Brager
Trombonist-in-Training