[Dixielandjazz] encore soft ware

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Mon Apr 21 07:39:28 PDT 2003

Sheik Littlefield is right, for Encore to function on an XP machine you need
to install Encore 4.5. Here is a summary of my experience :

1. I was running Encore 4.01 on my old PC, transferred it to XP.
2. It did not work, discovered that for the XP operating system I needed
4.5.
3. Installed 4.5, still would not work.
4. Installed 4.2.1 then 4.5 - and bingo!!

Which leads me to believe that Encore 4.5 is not a complete stand-alone
program but an XP fix for 4.2.1

The previous proprietors of Encore was an outfit called Passport Designs
Inc. who sold the program to GVOX (the present owners). At the time of my
XP/Encore troubles it proved to be almost impossible to contact GVOX - they
would not respond to emails nor did they answer their phone. Hopefully that
situation has since been rectified.

A final word of warning - 4.5 ain't cheap!

John Farrell
stridepiano at tesco.net