[Dixielandjazz] Louis Armstrong tapes

Thompson rebecca.e.thompson@verizon.net
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:37:56 -0500

The interesting thing about the Louis Armstrong tapes is that he
catalogued them and  packaged them in boxes which he decorated with a
montage of cut-outs, colorful lettering, etc.  They too, will be on
exhibit eventually as works of art.

I think many on this list are getting all worked up about nothing
really.  If you could hear a presentation by the director of the Louis
Armstrong estate, I think your minds would be at ease.

On these tapes, Louis always begins by speaking into the microphone and
explaining what is going on that day (or night).  To me, it sounds like
he wanted to share them with someone.

Rebecca