[Dixielandjazz] Spanish Gigs, was resting chops

PLadd36932@aol.com PLadd36932@aol.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:31:21 EDT

barbonestreet@earthlink.net writes:

<< Nothing worse than the artists being treated badly by officious venue
 people.  >>

Hi,
I think that oftenb the band gets treated worse than the regular employees,
waiters etc.

I remember a New Year gig in Cheltenham, a fairly refined, spa town. Because
the venue was  a bit classy I arranged for my wife and some friends who lived
in the town to get tickets.
We sat on the stage, playing away, and watched all this glorious food being
served to the guests.
Came the break and did we get a few made up plates. No!  The pick of the
leftovers.No!.  We got curly edged, dry sandwiches, served in a large broom
closet about 4 floors up.

I bet the waiters did better.

Cheers

PatL