[Dixielandjazz] well-treated

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 18:48:56 +0200

Pat wrote:
We sat on the stage, playing away, and watched all this glorious food
being
served to the guests.

We normally get treated quite well at gigs, especially if food is being
served.
At a party for the outgoing Embassador to Spain from the U.K., we were
fed down by the pool, while the guests ate on the upper lawn at the E's
home.  It was quite funny 'cause the band was annoyed by the fact that
we were given home made food.......excellent English fare prepared by
the E's wife herself which included a yummy trifle.  I prefered that
over the catered garbage the guests got, but then I'm not Spanish, which
means my ego is not offended if I don't get the same food as the Mayor
of Madrid!

Jim