[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dukes od Dixieland. LP info required.

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:50:45 +1000

Dear Mike,
Oooops!!!
Regarding your comment (snip): >Sorry but I do have to address your final
statements.  Too bad you could care less about the impact that the Assunto
family had on Dixieland Jazz, and the efforts that we've undergone over the past
two decades to right the record. I guess that you're not much of a
traditionalist.<
What I said was: 'I am probably into 'real' and 'pretender' territory here, but
do not wish to
be involved. As that famous detective said "just the facts ma'm", just the
facts" .'
I did not say (or meant to imply) that I couldn't care less.
Perhaps I should have added a smiley.    8>)
I am very aware of the valuable and important impact that the Assunto family
have had on Dixieland Jazz.
Which, with Papa Jac, goes back to New Orleans and the 1920s.
I always follow with interest the DJML accounts of your (overlong) efforts on
their behalf to right the record, and look forward to a favourable outcome to
all.
No offence was intended by my remark. Far from it!
As has often been said, we are live in separate countries, divided by a common
language.
If I have offended you, I apologise sincerely.
Although I am not an avid DoD record collector, if you have been following my
DJML comments over the years, you will know that I am an avowed traditionalist.
And many thanks for the prompt and valuable information.
I will get further info (tunes, etc.) about the Vol 4. Concert Hall LP SJS 1264.
I suspect that this could be a reissue spin-off from something else.
Kind regards,
Bill.