[Dixielandjazz] Re: Unwritten Rules

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:24:13 +0000

Hi Bob and all,

You done writ:

>Mr. Gunter seems to be couching the bulk of his argument in a liberty
>cloak,
>which is specious at best.

The freedoms guaranteed us under our form of government are "specious at
best?"  I beg to differ.

Bob goes on to say:

>Our law books are full of mandates that qualify
>our liberties when they interfere with the liberties of others

I'm objectively arguing that you have the right to hand out your business
card. It's not illegal. As a matter of fact, it may be illegal for you try
to prevent me from handing out my card if, as you say, our lawbooks are full
of mandates that qualify our liberties when they interfere with the
liberties of others!!

1. How does my handing out my card to a manager of a club interfere with
anyone's freedom. And, conversely, how does some "unwritten rule" interfer
with my freedom?

2. Cite one law in any US law book (take your time on this) which qualifies
my liberty to pass out my business card!

Finally,

You guys are all arguing how you "feel" about this issue.

I "feel" the same way you do.

But I "know" I'm right from a legal point of view and that my arguments have
not yet been successfully challenged.

Please don't offer the argument that a constitutionally protected freedom
which we ALL ENJOY is somehow "unethical" or has some "unwritten rule"
denying us this freedom!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Doesn't anybody out there agree with me?" Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com

Thinking people unite!