[Dixielandjazz] Handing out cards

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:13:29 +0200

Steve wrote:

Or where an agent who booked
a gig........... & gives you permission to hand out your card.

I agree, Steve.  It happened to me recently.  A regular every other week
gig we do is thru an agent.  A lady interrupted a conversation I was
having with the manager, asking for our card.  I immediately introduced
her to the manager.  I was on HIS turf, and it never even crossed my
mind to behave differently.

I always revert back to a good friend's comment made once at dinner when
we were deciding on a wine.  Miguel said, get the better one, the bit of
difference in price is not going to make a huge impact on your life.  I
never, ever scramble after the last buck....remembering Miguel's
comment.  A sometimes infuriating Spanish phrase is really very apt to
all of this:  es igual, said in this manner....es iguuuaaaal (it's all
the same).

And, particularly, today, it is easy to feel how little significance our
"tiny" problems have when faced with the greater problems of the world.

Jim