[Dixielandjazz] New recruit

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 13:56:00 +0200

Robert Greenwood wrote:

Any other New Orleans fans on this list? Make yourselves known!

You'd best hope they don't all make themselves known, Robert, as I
believe we are about 400 on the list now, and the only reason we're here
is because we enjoy New Orlean's Jazz, Dixieland, or whatever you prefer
to call it.  Anyway, welcome, and it was nice you introduced yourself.

You will find there are performers (as myself) & fans on this list.  You
will also see a reference to OKOM, which is a short-cut to say Our Kind
Of Music, which stops people from saying "I hate the word Dix...l...d",
or whatever.  Also, you may wish to change your mail so it will only
send plain text (yours came in as HTML), and don't send any attachments.
It's also good to use a bit of text from the message you're answering,
as I did with yours above.

By the way, I'm not anyone in particular to be giving you all these
rules.   I just happen to be one of the first to see your post, as I am
in a similar time zone (Spain).  The U.S. guys & gals will be waking up
soon, and I'm sure will welcome you, also.

Jim Kash