[Dixielandjazz] New recruit

Robert Greenwood robertgreenwood_54uk@yahoo.co.uk
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:42:03 +0100 (BST)

--0-1113967907-1031312523=:9596

Iím not sure whether itís etiquette on this list for new members to introduce themselves, but I will anyway. My name is Robert Greenwood and I live in the UK. My tastes will perhaps become obvious if I list the CDs I have acquired in the past week: a Billie and Dede Pierce on Riverside; Tony Parentiís New Orleanians on GHB; some superb Louis from 1935 on Ambassador; Punch Millerís band from 1960 on AM (Captain John Handy playing clarinet); Charlie Loveís Cado Band with Kid Sheik and Emile Barnes on 504; a Ken Colyer/George Lewis concert recording from 1957 also on 504; one by Huey Piano Lewis; a Louis Prima on JSP; an anthology of recordings made in New Orleans before the revival by Kid Howard, Duke Derbigny and Andy Anderson on AM.

Any other New Orleans fans on this list? Make yourselves known!

--0-1113967907-1031312523=:9596

<P><FONT face="Lapidary333 BT">Iím not sure whether itís etiquette on this list for new members to introduce themselves, but I will anyway. My name is Robert Greenwood and I live in the UK. My tastes will perhaps become obvious if I list the CDs I have acquired in the past week: a Billie and Dede Pierce on Riverside; Tony Parentiís New Orleanians on GHB; some superb Louis from 1935 on Ambassador; Punch Millerís band from 1960 on AM (Captain John Handy playing clarinet); Charlie Loveís Cado Band with Kid Sheik and Emile Barnes on 504; a Ken Colyer/George Lewis concert recording from 1957 also on 504; one by Huey Piano Lewis; a Louis Prima on JSP; an anthology of recordings made in New Orleans before the revival by Kid Howard, Duke Derbigny and Andy Anderson on AM.</P>
--0-1113967907-1031312523=:9596--