[Dixielandjazz] New recruit

briantowers briantowers@msn.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:42:40 -0400

Hot Five Jazzmakers, Toronto, Canada
Band web site:            http://hotfivejazz.tripod.com
Newsletter:                  http://hotfivejazz.tripod.com/TJM

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Greenwood" <robertgreenwood_54uk@yahoo.co.uk>
To: <dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 7:42 AM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] New recruit

> I'm not sure whether it's etiquette on this list for new members to
introduce themselves, but I will anyway. My name is Robert Greenwood and I
live in the UK. My tastes will perhaps become obvious if I list the CDs I
have acquired in the past week: a Billie and Dede Pierce on Riverside; Tony
Parenti's New Orleanians on GHB; some superb Louis from 1935 on Ambassador;
Punch Miller's band from 1960 on AM (Captain John Handy playing clarinet);
Charlie Love's Cado Band with Kid Sheik and Emile Barnes on 504; a Ken
Colyer/George Lewis concert recording from 1957 also on 504; one by Huey
Piano Lewis; a Louis Prima on JSP; an anthology of recordings made in New
Orleans before the revival by Kid Howard, Duke Derbigny and Andy Anderson on
AM.