[Dixielandjazz] C'est ce Bon

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:50:47 +0200

<<Eddie sings "C'est ce Bon" (spelling?) as he plays the banjo and the
lyrics are "faux French" ...

I mastered a pop record for one of Spain's big comedian/singers where
one of the songs was, I thought, in French.  I said to the artist "I
didn't know you spoke French", he answered that he didn't.  Not a word
on the song was French or anything else.  They were just words that
sounded to a non speaker like French.  What a laugh!!

What was the comic strip in the papers when I was a kid where the words
looked & sounded like German, but weren't?  Same thing.

Jim