[Dixielandjazz] C'est ce Bon, was Re:Emma Chisit Non OKOM

Jrtnft@aol.com Jrtnft@aol.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:34:56 EDT

Bill Gunter wrote about Eddie Erickson's Cest Ci Bon:

<<Eddie sings "C'est ce Bon" (spelling?) as he plays the banjo and the
lyrics are "faux French" ...

Well, While in La Belle France, Mama Sue persuaded Eddie to perform this
number for a French audience. Eddie was reluctant, but forged ahead anyway.
The result was exactly what you would expect. Absolute silence with
puzzlement all over the faces of the throng.

To me, that makes it even funnier.>>

Maybe even funnier is that when we saw him do it in L.A. last weekend, I
didn't even catch on until he was almost done with it!!  Duh!  And had even
seen him do it before!!

Jack Thomas