[Dixielandjazz] Scratches & Uniforms

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:27:55 -0400

John Farrell wrote: (polite snip)

"Here comes the problem. the bandleader has asked me to wear black
pants,
black shoes and white short-sleeved shirt. All this week I have been
pruning
my rambler roses which have grown almost 20 feet tall, resulting in deep

scratches on my arms which look suspiciously like a junkie's needle
track
marks" I know the guys in the band quite well, they are a cynical lot
and if
I told them the truth their response would almost certainly be, "That's
an
original one".

John:

Tell those band mates that the scratches resulted from an attack by a
bunch of crazed young female groupies at your last gig and wear them
proudly.  :-)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone