[Dixielandjazz] CD Royalties?....forget about them.

Creole Dixieland Jazz Band Creole Dixieland Jazz Band" <dixielandjazz@myexcel.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:57:41 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: JimDBB@aol.com
To: dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com

   Dave:  Forget about royalties and license fees.  Only the big labels
bother with that s...   Cancel those license fees if you can.  This is all a
songwriters scam but not really their scam as those songs were sold off long
ago to lawyers who still scam fees and royalties out of them.

   I assure you that none of us who have recordings out and are on a lot of
recordings ever paid any royalties or fees.

   Jim Beebe

---------------

Thanks, Jim. Your opinion is shared by many (including myself). But I am
looking for actual documentation that proves we're all correct. If you know
where I can obtain those facts, please let me know. Thanks again.

Dave
"It's a treat to beat your feet."
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band
Dave Gravatt